The Church of Christ at Jacksonville Beach first met in the City Hall building on September 25, 1955 with 19 people in attendance. For the first few months, Jack Tynes served as the pulpit speaker. In November of 1956, the Jacksonville Beach Church of Christ was incorporated under the laws of the State of Florida. From 1957 until 1965, Cecil McKinney served as pulpit minister. Following Brother McKinney, those serving as pulpit minister were Dallas Boren, 1965-1969, Larry Paulk, 1969-1970, James Medlin, 1970-1985, Carl Tuell, 1985-1995, Neal Pharr, 1995-1998, John Lloyd, 1999-2000, and most recently, Joel Dalrymple, 2000-present.
From 1956 until 1959, the congregation rented a commercial building to serve as a meeting place and then, in 1959, built a small church building at 422 5th Avenue North, JBCoC’s current location. In 1962 and again in 1967, the auditorium was enlarged and classrooms were added on to the building. In 1984, the Fellowship Hall was added. In 2007, the congregation completed another addition and renovation, enclosing the front courtyard space and making it into the church’s front entry hall.